YET ANOTHER Armed Robber Hits a Target Store Following No-Carry Request by Corporation
We have reports of YET ANOTHER armed suspect at a Target department store following the chain’s request that law abiding gun owners leave their firearms at home.
According to The Oregonian,
Marion County authorities are searching for a theft suspect who pointed a gun on Target security officers who confronted him Monday afternoon.
The sheriff’s office said the suspect was described as in his 30s, about 6-foot-3, 190 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a black shirt with red lettering on the front and carried a black backpack.
This is the third incident we’ve documented (and we haven’t even documented them all) in the two weeks following Target’s request about guns in their stores.
There were two incidents in Georgia. In one, a man was robbed at gunpoint in a Target parking lot by multiple armed assailants. In another, a woman was viciously beaten and her car was stolen in a Target parking garage.
Target asked its customers not to carry firearms into their stores in a statement released last week. However, the store did not ban firearms, as clarified by the following statement made to The Columbian,
Molly Snyder, a Target spokeswoman, said the retailer will not post signs at its stores asking people not to bring guns inside. “It is not a ban,” she said. “There is no prohibition.”
She said the company decided to make this statement after hearing from people on all sides of this issue.