[Video] 9 Year Epileptic Boy Suspended Indefinitely For Allegedly Pretending Toy Was a Gun
Here we have yet another example of anti-gun hysteria running rampant in our schools.
Over the last week, the two boys who were essentially expelled for playing with Airsoft guns on private property near a school bus stop got the most attention, which is probably why this story has fallen through the cracks.
According to WJBK, a nine year old boy in Southgate, Michigan has been suspended indefinitely for allegedly pretending a toy spinning top was a gun while at school.
The boy’s parents were called to come and pick the boy up during school hours because he allegedly pretended the winding mechanism for the top was a gun.
Other students told the boys parents no such incident happened and the boys were simply playing with the toy.
According to the media report,
Gage’s parents say he suffers from epilepsy and school hours are critical to grasping reading and writing, and now they are not sure when – or if – Gage will be allowed to return to class. They say he’s a good kid who always does his work, has plenty of friends and has never been in any other kind of trouble.
Even if the kid did pretend the toy was a gun, is that really such a big deal? I’m not that old and I remember playing make believe games involving make believe guns at recess.
Think this is an isolated issue? Think again. We already mentioned the two boys above, but take a minute to browse through the list of stories below to get an idea of how far reaching this problem is becoming in our schools.
- Sixth Grade Honor Student Suspended for Making Gun Gesture With Hand
- 11 Year Old Suspended, Family Questioned by Law Enforcement Because the Student TALKED About Guns
- Multiple Students Suspended for Playing With Nerf Guns AFTER Teacher OK’d Them
- 5 Yr Old Who Brought Cap Gun to School Interrogated for 2 Hours w/o Parents Until He Peed Himself
- Kindergartener Disciplined for Bringing LEGO Gun the Size of a Quarter to School
- 7 Year Old Suspended for Holding Pencil “Like a Gun”
- Middle School Student Suspended and Arrested For Wearing NRA T-Shirt to School
- 6 Yr Old Suspended for TALKING About TOY Guns
- Michigan Schools Shut Down b/c Former Student, Now Working For Air Force, Entered School Wearing His Work Camo
- 3 FL High School Students Tackle Gunman on School Bus, All 3 Are Suspended From School
- 7 Year Old Suspended For Chewing Pastry Into Shape of Gun
- 7 Year Old Boy Suspended After Tossing Imaginary Grenade at Imaginary Evil Forces
- Student Suspended for Photo of Gun Set as Computer Desktop Background
- Kindergartner Suspended, Forced to go to Psychologist for Threatening Student – With Pink Bubble Gun
- Maryland School Suspends 6 Yr Old Student For Making Gun Shape With His Hand & Saying “Pow”
- Girl in Elementary School Searched in Front of Classmates for Bringing Paper Gun to School