Trends in Self Defense, Part 1 – Guns as a Force Equalizer
Guns Save Lives is not supported by ads and is ran as an independent project. If you support this project please consider supporting us on Patreon. Registration takes just a moment and even $1 is a massive help in continuing our work. Thank you so much.
I didn’t do any formal research on this. There is no scientific method to it. Just a guy reading news stories and noticing some things.
I’m going to break this up into a series of articles highlighting 1 trend per article.
1. Guns are an amazing force equalizer.
What does this mean? It means that guns are an amazing tool that allows a 5′ tall, 90lb person to respond with the force needed to fight off multiple 6′ 3″, 250lb men.
I run across numerous stories of the elderly, petite women, and children using firearms to fight off groups of grown men. Without guns would they have even had a chance? Would a child be able to wield pepper spray or a stun gun with the same ease as a firearm and get the same results?
The following stories represent people who may not have been able to defend themselves without a firearms due to age, the physical size/strength of their attackers, or physical disabilities.
Many people who want to ban guns or significantly limit their availability like to say that if a gun ban saves just 1 life isn’t it worth it? Well, what about these people? If guns were the only thing keeping these people safe don’t we owe it to them to make sure they have access to the means to defend themselves?
- Elderly Homeowner in TX Shoots Burglary Suspect
- Elderly DE Homeowner Shoots Burglar
- FL Woman Shoots Robber Who Tried to Kidnap Her Baby
- 10 year old WA Boy Shoots Attacker w/ BB Gun, Saves Mother
- FL Woman and Her Neighbor Shoot 2 Home Invaders
- 89 Year Old Iowa Woman Shoots Home Invader (2010)
- Elderly, Diabetic Washington Man Shoots Intruder (2010)
- 77 Yr Old Cincinnati Man Shoots Intruders (2010)
- Wheelchair Bound Fla Man Shoots Attacker (2009)
- 78 Yr Old Texas Man Shoots Robber (2009)
- Pregnant Mother Holds Robber At Gunpoint For Police (2009)
- 93 Yr Old Los Angeles Woman Shoots Intruder (2008)
- 11 Year Old Texas Boy Shoots Home Invaders, Defends Mother (2010)
- 15 Year Old Texas Boy Shoots Burglar, Defends Sister (2010)
- 10 Year Old Child in Baton Rouge Shoots Home Invader (2009)
- 69 Year Old Man Shoots Intruder (2008)
- 77 Year Old Woman Shoots Robbery Suspect
- 68 Year Old Woman Shoots 2 Home Invaders with Shotgun
- 61 Year Old Marine Shoots Attackers
- 72 Year Old Fla Resident Shoots 3 Home Invaders
- 11 Year Old Girl Defends Home with .22 Rifle (2010)
- Son Uses Dad’s AR-15 To Defend Home (2010)
- 56 Year Old Woman Kills Intruder