We Like Shooting 155 – Patent Problems
Welcome to the We Like Shooting show, Episode 155 – tonight we’ll talk about Strike Industries, CZ99, Shemaghs, Modulus Arms, Wright Shooting, TacRack and more!
Our Guest is Brandon Wright from Wright Shooting
Former trooper, SWAT, DOD Firearms Instructor, inventor of the TacRack and Pro Shooter!
You can find more about Brandon Wright here
Our cast for episode 155 is Shawn Herrin, Aaron Krieger, Savage1r, Jeremy Pozderac, Nick Lynch! We are also joined by Rhody
Second Call Defense
If you carry or use a gun to protect yourself an/or your family then you need Second Call Defense. They handle what comes after the trigger is pulled. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Get Second Call Defense today!
Reality based accessories that solve problems! Manticore Arms makes parts for your fighting rifles, whether it’s an AK, AR-15, AUG, Tavor, CZ Scorpion Evo or even something else!
Brought to you by DEZ Tactical Arms
Where we talk about the stuff we have, the stuff that we want and the stuff that we need!
- NickLynch – Strike Industries Strike Switch
- Savage1r – CZ99 Ugly Gun Special Sig Clone
- Aaron – Rothco Shemagh
- Shawn – Modulus Arms Heavy Duty AR-15 JIg
DEZ Tactical Arms
Rifles and accessories for the AR-15 lover! Whether you need a full rifle or just parts to build one DEZ has your back. High quality, match grade and most parts are made in house.
JC Arms and Ammunition
The absolute best ammo we’ve shot! Match grade primers, match grade powder, virgin brass and top quality projectiles, at range ammo prices. You have got to see it to believe it!
Going Ballistic with Savage1r
Brought to you by JC Arms & Ammunition
Savage1r goes over the news of the day relating to guns, rights and more!
The new Massachusetts “Assault Weapons” ban.
The facts of the Prohibited Assault Weapons Enforcement Notice (20Jul16) :
- Language of “copy” or “duplicate” weapon under the “Assault Weapon” ban clarified to include; semiautomatic weapons that can accept a detachable ammunition magazine and that meet one of the following tests:
- The weapon’s internal functional components are substantially similar to the construction or configuration of a weapon that is expressly banned under the law (such as a Colt AR-15 or a Kalashnikov AK-47);
- The weapon has a receiver that includes or accepts key operating components that are interchangeable with those of a banned weapon. The relevant operating components may include, but are not limited to:
1) the trigger assembly;
2) the bolt carrier or bolt carrier group;
3) the charging handle;
4) the extractor or extractor assembly; or
5) the magazine port.
- Banned sale, transfer, or possession of: Receivers, “State or Massachusetts Compliant” models of firearms that qualify as an “Assault Weapon” as a copy or duplicate, and all previously listed characteristics (ex. pistol grip, flash suppressor, etc.)
- Summary: Under the Commonwealth’s statutory definition, the following are “Assault weapons”:
1) Weapons on the list enumerated in G.L. c. 140, 121, such as the Colt AR-15 (“Enumerated Weapons”);
2)“Copies” or “Duplicates” of the Enumerated Weapons (“Copies or Duplicates”); and
3) Weapons with certain features as identified in former 18 U.S.C., 921(a) (30) (“Features Test”)
If you are wondering if the AG actually has the legal power to make determinations pertaining to the definitions, the answer is yes. It was agreed to in a short sighted bill that was litigated by a pro-firearm group about 12 years ago.
***Note (from the AG’s website under Q&A)***
Q: What if I already own a gun that is a copy or duplicate?
- If a weapon is a copy or duplicate of one of the models enumerated in the law, it is an Assault weapon. The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.
- The AGO also will not enforce the law against a gun dealer that possesses or transfers a “copy or duplicate” weapon that was obtained on or before July 20, 2016, provided that transfers, if any, are made to persons or businesses in states where ownership of the weapon is legal.
***Keep in mind; MA is a firearm registration state***
Rhody: I’m wicked proud of my Brothers and Sisters to the north for standing up for their rights this past Saturday (24Jul16) at the State House. No matter the race, gender, preference, creed, age, or whether you’re from the North Shore, Southie, Worcester, or elsewhere, you all stood for something in the thousands, because you won’t fall for anything. Photos. Even Senators and State Representatives are speaking out against Healey.
- Despite zero ‘assault weapons’ being used in a crime or used to kill anyone in Massachusetts in the last year the FBI has data for and over 10,000 being sold in that same time, AG
- New ‘Interpretation’ of the old law here. Very important quote at the bottom of her ‘guidance’ section – “Application of this Enforcement Notice (individual gun owners): The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016. The AGO reserves the right to alter or amend this guidance”
- Despite strict gun laws in Germany, a teenager (illegal to own pistol till 21) was able to illegally acquire a pistol ‘from the dark web’, and scratched the serial number off so it was untraceable. The shooter was studying books of mass school shootings in the US. 27 people were injured, 9 were killed.
- Two dead, 14 wounded at a ‘teen event’ at a nightclub in florida sunday night.
24/slide-fire-solutions- forces-bump-fire-systems-out- of-business/?utm_campaign= trueAnthem:+Trending+Content& utm_content= 5795ca8604d301242dc4c3f5&utm_ medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=
Learn how to be a gunsmith in the comfort of your own home. Distance learning that gives you tools and a gun in a box to build as you learn! Whether you want to get more acquianted with your AR-15 or want an associates degree, SDI is the place for you.
Please leave us reviews in iTunes! It makes all the difference!
Beaches you won’t stop asking
by Wildbill990 on Jul 25, 2016
HERES A REVIEW, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?But seriously, it’s a great show. I look forward to it each week on my way to work. Keeps me up to date on all gun related stuff, keep it up!
Super Dupper Show, Great Info, Funny Raport with Great People
by J.Doerksen1 on Jul 23, 2016
I am farly new to podcasts and found this one recently, very funny but super informative. They are a group of folks that you would enjoy hanging around with, except for Aaron. Sorry about the Betes man, just know that prosthetics are amazing these days. Only kidding you are ALL great and you would All be fun to have a beer with and at a different time, shoot with. Highly recommend giving this show a try, I became one of their Patreons within a couple of weeks so I can listen to the unedited version. You will not be disappointed unless you are a gun grabber and if you are F#$% OFF…Jim1966
Long time listener, first time…reviewer?
by @James_AK on Jul 22, 2016
I love listening to this show. It’s so easy to listen to, anyone can do it! I once listened to several episodes back to back and by the end of it I had 3 extra inches of length. What do I mean by that? I think we both know! Even if you’re satisfied with your current length, several patreon members have apparently received several inches to girth, as well as a few ounces of weight! How does this happen? Well that’s a propietary secret blend that likely contains shwarma somewhere. Who knows? I don’t! But Let me tell you the ladies have never been more satisfied! THANKS WLS!
by JM596 on Jul 21, 2016
The thought of Jeremy reading these out loud like Ron Burgandy reads a TelePrompTer, Priceless!I’m Jeremy Pozderac?GO F YOURSELF DAN!
Diabetes isn’t funny.
by Tandor on Jul 19, 2016
I was recently diagnosed as having type 2 diabetes and it has been very difficult dealing with the changes I have to make. I have to say that the constant jokes and shaming of Aaron about diabetes are… hilarious! Thanks for helping me through a difficult time. I just signed up to be a patreon to hear Jeremy swear without bleeps. To bad you don’t have a pledge level to get the show without ads, but then the episodes would be less than an hour. 😉
What’s in it for me?
by New Daddy Pete on Jul 18, 2016
I just listen for the discount codes.
This weeks winners!
Didn’t win? Enter here!
We’re here live every week on Monday nights and on demand every Thursday. Go to welikeshooting.com/show to subscribe!