Boys Suspended From School for Playing With Airsoft Guns on Private Property
According to a report by NBC News, two seventh grade Virgina boys were suspended from school and might be expelled for the year for possession of Airsoft guns.
Not too surprising, many schools have zero tolerance policies on toy firearms, and many Airsoft guns can look pretty realistic.
However, there is a twist in this story.
According to the report, the boys never brought the guns to school, on the school bus, or even to their neighborhood bus stop.
According to NBC,
WAVY News’ Andy Fox spoke with Khalid and asked if he took the gun to the bus stop or school. Khalid answered “No, sir,” to both questions.
Aidan’s father Tim Clark told WAVY.com what happened next lacks commons sense. The children were suspended for possession, handling and use of a firearm.
Based on that information we can only assume the alleged incidents took place on private property, completely unrelated to the school.
We agree with the boy’s father, however most of these zero tolerance decisions do lack common sense. Don’t believe me? Just check out some of the stories below from the past year.
What’s next? Suspending students for going to the shooting range or hunting with their parents?
- Sixth Grade Honor Student Suspended for Making Gun Gesture With Hand
- 11 Year Old Suspended, Family Questioned by Law Enforcement Because the Student TALKED About Guns
- Multiple Students Suspended for Playing With Nerf Guns AFTER Teacher OK’d Them
- 5 Yr Old Who Brought Cap Gun to School Interrogated for 2 Hours w/o Parents Until He Peed Himself
- Kindergartener Disciplined for Bringing LEGO Gun the Size of a Quarter to School
- 7 Year Old Suspended for Holding Pencil “Like a Gun”
- Middle School Student Suspended and Arrested For Wearing NRA T-Shirt to School
- 6 Yr Old Suspended for TALKING About TOY Guns
- Michigan Schools Shut Down b/c Former Student, Now Working For Air Force, Entered School Wearing His Work Camo
- 3 FL High School Students Tackle Gunman on School Bus, All 3 Are Suspended From School
- 7 Year Old Suspended For Chewing Pastry Into Shape of Gun
- 7 Year Old Boy Suspended After Tossing Imaginary Grenade at Imaginary Evil Forces
- Student Suspended for Photo of Gun Set as Computer Desktop Background
- Kindergartner Suspended, Forced to go to Psychologist for Threatening Student – With Pink Bubble Gun
- Maryland School Suspends 6 Yr Old Student For Making Gun Shape With His Hand & Saying “Pow”
- Girl in Elementary School Searched in Front of Classmates for Bringing Paper Gun to School