Sixth Grade Honor Student Suspended for Making Gun Gesture With Hand
Well we have our first example of anti gun ridiculousness for the new school year.
According to the Washington Post, a sixth grade student in Calvery County, Maryland, has been suspended from school for making a gesture “like a gun” with his hands on the school bus.
The boy was forced to serve a 1 day in school suspension over the incident and will now have the matter on his permanent academic record.
According to the Washington Post,
Carin Read, mother of the 11-year-old student at Mill Creek Middle School in Lusby, filed an appeal of the suspension late last week, after a principal denied her request to remove the alleged infraction from her son’s school records.
“There was no threat,” Read said, describing her son as an honor student who has never been in trouble at school. “He’s been punished enough.”
We thought maybe we were moving in the right direction with these zero thought, I mean tolerance, policies towards the end of the last academic year as we had reports that several school districts were entertaining the idea of getting rid of zero tolerance weapons policies when a real weapon wasn’t involved.
Sadly, it looks like we still have quite a ways to go in that regard.
Don’t think this isn’t a big problem? Well just browse through some of the similar stories below.
- 11 Year Old Suspended, Family Questioned by Law Enforcement Because the Student TALKED About Guns
- Multiple Students Suspended for Playing With Nerf Guns AFTER Teacher OK’d Them
- 5 Yr Old Who Brought Cap Gun to School Interrogated for 2 Hours w/o Parents Until He Peed Himself
- Kindergartener Disciplined for Bringing LEGO Gun the Size of a Quarter to School
- 7 Year Old Suspended for Holding Pencil “Like a Gun”
- Middle School Student Suspended and Arrested For Wearing NRA T-Shirt to School
- 6 Yr Old Suspended for TALKING About TOY Guns
- Michigan Schools Shut Down b/c Former Student, Now Working For Air Force, Entered School Wearing His Work Camo
- 3 FL High School Students Tackle Gunman on School Bus, All 3 Are Suspended From School
- 7 Year Old Suspended For Chewing Pastry Into Shape of Gun
- 7 Year Old Boy Suspended After Tossing Imaginary Grenade at Imaginary Evil Forces
- Student Suspended for Photo of Gun Set as Computer Desktop Background
- Kindergartner Suspended, Forced to go to Psychologist for Threatening Student – With Pink Bubble Gun
- Maryland School Suspends 6 Yr Old Student For Making Gun Shape With His Hand & Saying “Pow”
- Girl in Elementary School Searched in Front of Classmates for Bringing Paper Gun to School