Police in Connecticut Arrest Man For Failure to Register 49 Magazines, Among Other Charges

May 7 2014
by GSL Staff
Share This Post

Guns Save Lives is not supported by ads and is ran as an independent project. If you support this project please consider supporting us on Patreon. Registration takes just a moment and even $1 is a massive help in continuing our work. Thank you so much.

Screen Shot 2014-05-07 at 7.18.00 PMBased on what the local media is reporting in Connecticut, it certainly sounds like this guy isn’t 100% innocent based on other charges he’s facing, but this case does represent the most severe charge resulting from Connecticut’s registration law.

Edward A. Koller has a long history with police and most recently police made contact with him after he made threats against his mother.

Following a medical call to Koller’s home, he was sent to the hospital. During interaction with Koller police apparently found probably cause that he had illegal firearms and they obtained a search warrant.

The search of Koller’s home found a Bushmaster AR-15, what the media is calling a “sniper rifle”, 2 pistols, 49 standard capacity magazines, and 5,000+ rounds of ammo. The magazines were found not to be registered as they are required to be under Connecticut law. Police also found 7 grams of cocaine as well as anabolic steroids.

According to the Greenwich Times,

According to arrest warrants, on the morning of April 23, Koller had been agitated and depressed. His mother, Judith Koller, listened as her son grew “intensely angry” and discussed using one of the several guns that he owned to shoot himself. Disturbed and concerned, she left the home for work, but detailed the incident to a friend of hers on the way there.

Shortly before 9 a.m., the friend reported to police that Judith Koller had told her Edward “threatened to kill her and whoever came into the house…”

…About 50 minutes later, at 10:10 a.m., Koller voluntarily exited the house and reportedly surrendered himself to police. Officers took Koller into custody and transported him to Greenwich Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation, police said.

Koller was released from medical care after it was found that he was not a threat to himself or others. He turned himself into police after learning about the search and arrest warrants.

Like I said, this guy is no saint, and I’m not giving him any sympathy on the drug charges or the threats of violence. We’re reporting this to document the most significant arrest to date under Connecticut’s new registration laws.

Disqus Comments

comments powered by Disqus