TN General Assembly May Adjourn Without Addressing Several Pro Gun Bills

April 15 2014
by GSL Staff
Share This Post

Guns Save Lives is not supported by ads and is ran as an independent project. If you support this project please consider supporting us on Patreon. Registration takes just a moment and even $1 is a massive help in continuing our work. Thank you so much.

tenn tn flag tennessee

Nothing worse than a so called “conservative super majority” that won’t do anything to advance gun rights at the state level, but it looks like that’s exactly what’s happening in Tennessee.

According to the NRA-ILA,

The 2014 session of the Tennessee General Assembly is expected to come to a close this week, but action on pro-Second Amendment related issues is still needed.  Please contact your state Representative and respectfully urge him or her to support the following bills:

House Bill 1407, sponsored by state Representative Tilman Goins (R-10), would allow law-abiding Tennesseans with a Handgun Carry Permit (HCP) to carry a firearm into all state, city, county and municipal parks.  Current Tennessee law allows a municipality or county to prohibit the possession of handguns, and therefore one’s right to self-defense, while at a public park, natural area, historic park, nature trail, campground, forest, greenway, waterway or other similar public place that is owned or operated by a county or municipality.  This law poses a problem for citizens by creating a patchwork of laws across the state with regard to which localities have prohibited firearms in their parks.

House Bill 1400, sponsored by state Representative Tilman Goins (R-10), would extend the term or validity of a Tennessee HCP from four to five years.

House Bill 1480, sponsored by state Representative Jeremy Faison (R-11), would allow a law-abiding gun owner to carry a firearm in his or her own vehicle without a HCP.

House Bill 2409, sponsored by state representative Micah Van Huss (R-6), HB 2409 would allow a person who is legally able to possess a firearm to carry that firearm openly without a HCP.

With little time remaining for these bills to pass, it is imperative that you contact your state Representative IMMEDIATELY and ask that he or she vote “YES” on these bills.  Contact information for your state Representative can be found here.

Disqus Comments

comments powered by Disqus