IL Democrats Try to Introduce Their Own Incredibly Strict Concealed Carry Law
Illinois Democrats are trying to sabotage a bill in the Illinois State House of Representatives which would layout numerous restrictions and hurdles for someone seeking a concealed weapons permit.
The requirements of note are:
– 40 hours of training, 20 of which is range training
– Applicant is responsible for all training costs
– Applicant would have to carry a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy
– Training would be administered only by the Illinois State Police (according to one amendment, there are currently only 5 State Police firearms instructors)
– Certain proposed amendments would make the permit a “may issue” permit which means anyone could be denied for any reason. Other proposed amendments mention a “shall issue” permit which would be given to anyone who meets all requirements.
Note, currently there are many conflicting amendments attached to this bill and what the final legislation might look like is still up in the air.
If you live in Illinois you need to immediately contact your representatives and tell them you support NO or MINIMAL training requirements (at minimum allow training to be provided by any firearms instructor, not just State Police), NO liability insurance requirements, to make the permit a SHALL ISSUE permit, and make the overall cost, including training, to be accessible to citizens of all income levels.
You can find the original bill and all proposed amendments here: