Dem. Congresswoman Introduces Bill to BAN Firearms and Gun Related Clothing Marketed to Minors
It seems like congressional Democrats want to start treating the gun industry like the tobacco industry, complete with sweeping advertising bans and federally mandated labeling requirements for firearms.
Here is part of the bill introduced by Rep. Robin Kelly (D-IL),
Not later than one year after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Federal Trade Commission shall promulgate rules in accordance with section 553 of title 5, United States Code, to prohibit any person from marketing firearms to children. Such rules shall include the following:
(1) A prohibition on the use of cartoon characters to promote firearms and firearm products.
(2) A prohibition on firearm brand name merchandise marketed for children (such as hats, t-shirts, and stuffed animals).
(3) A prohibition on the use of firearm marketing campaigns with the specific intent to appeal to children.
(4) A prohibition on the manufacturing of a gun with colors or designs that are specifically designed with the purpose to appeal to children.
(5) A prohibition on the manufacturing of a gun intended for use by children that does not clearly and conspicuously note the risk posed by the firearm by labeling somewhere visible on the firearm any of the following:
(A) ‘‘Real gun, not a toy.’’.
(B) ‘‘Actual firearm the use of which may result in death or serious bodily injury.’’.
(C) ‘‘Dangerous weapon’’.
(D) Other similar language determined by the Federal Trade Commission
If enacted, this would seriously hamper youth model firearms, youth shooting sports, and prevent children from exercising their First Amendment rights to show their support for the Second Amendment rights (by banning children’s clothing related to firearms).